Important tips for people using Woocommerce / WPML.
If, for obvious SEO reasons, you want to use different images for your products you can use the following tip :
WCML does not support that because it’s not usually to have different images across languages.
By default, you can not change your images for your products.
However, you can change if you want. Please follow these steps:
* Go to WPML->Media translation,
** uncheck “Duplicate featured images for translations” for not duplicating feature images
** uncheck “Duplicate media attachments for translations” for not duplicating gallery images
* Go to WPML > WooCommerce Multilingual > select “Go to the native WooCommerce product editing screen”
* Go to the native WooCommerce product editing screen of your translations > Change featured and gallery images.
For existing products this tip from WPML is not working…
Here is our solution :
Go to you product,
Edit second language version
You can see that your images are locked… very frustrating…
To unlocked follow these steps :
- On language Box, This is a translation of, choose : None
- Click Update
- Now the product is independent and you can change all the pictures (no lock anymore)
- Remove and add new pictures
- When you finish to edit your product, go back to Language Box and click Connect with Translation
- Then asign this product to the original version
That’s it !